- VCHA Administrative Searches
- Interprofessional Education (IPE)
- Population Health Sciences Program (PHSP)
- Quality and Patient Safety
- Health Policy and Strategy
IPE Experiences at UIC
The Interprofessional Education Learning Experiences database serves as a repository for information about interprofessional education learning experiences that are currently available or under development for students in UIC health professions programs or that have been offered in the past.
Opportunities for students to develop interprofessional collaboration competencies are evolving at UIC, and faculty are developing a variety of approaches that will ultimately contribute to the graduation of collaboration ready professionals from all programs. While not all learning experiences are interprofessional, all are intended to contribute to the development of competence in interprofessional collaboration.
There are multiple potential uses for the database including:
- A source of ideas for developing additional IPE learning experiences
- A mechanism for connecting faculty who are offering an experience to faculty who would like to explore ways that additional students could participate
- A record of activities for reports and grant applications
UIC has adopted the definitions of Interprofessional Education from the World Health Organization (WHO) (http://www.who.int/hrh/resources/framework_action/en/) and the Collaborative for the Advancement of Interprofessional Education (CAIPE) http://caipe.org.uk/resources/defining-ipe/. Both definitions describes specific characteristics of interprofessional education. These definitions have in common that IPE involves groups of 2 or more learners – and these learners are learning with, from and about each other for purposes of developing collaboration skills.
If you would like to record an interprofessional education learning experience that you are currently providing to UIC Students in the database, please use this form to submit the information. Please submit a separate form for each learning experience. All submissions will be reviewed before getting posted on the website. If there are any questions you will be contacted by the moderator of the site.
Thank you for your contribution to this important effort to build the interprofessional education curriculum at UIC. If you have any questions or comments please contact Mary Keehn, Director of IPE – email@example.com.
- How rogue immune cells cross the blood-brain barrier to cause multiple sclerosis November 21, 2017
- Disparities in exposure to endocrine-disrupting chemicals may drive higher diabetes rates in minorities November 15, 2017
- Hospital throws Turkey Day party for survivors, kids with cancer November 14, 2017
- Cuban delegation, UIC work toward better women’s health in Englewood November 13, 2017
- Both obese and anorexic women have low levels of ‘feel good’ neurosteroid November 10, 2017
UIC Related links