Interprofessional Education Learning Experiences
The Interprofessional Education Learning Experiences database is being created to serve as a repository for information about interprofessional education experiences that are currently available or being developed for students in UIC health professions programs
UIC has adopted the definitions of Interprofessional Education from the World Health Organization (WHO) (http://www.who.int/hrh/resources/framework_action/en/) and the Collaborative for the Advancement of Interprofessional Education (CAIPE) http://caipe.org.uk/resources/defining-ipe/. Both definitions describes specific characteristics of interprofessional education. These definitions have in common that IPE involves groups of 2 or more learners – and these learners are learning with, from and about each other for purposes of developing collaboration skills.
Opportunities for students to develop interprofessional collaboration competencies are evolving at UIC, and faculty are developing a variety of approaches that will ultimately contribute to the graduation of collaboration ready professionals from all programs. Not all of these activities fully fit the definition of IPE described above but they are clearly valuable and if faculty are interested, could be expanded to create opportunities for students from 2 or more professions to learn with, from and about each other with a focus on developing collaborative skills.
Examples from campus include:
- Uniprofessional education, where the learners are from one profession and the faculty providing the learning experience may be from the same profession or from other professions.
- Multiprofessional (also called multidisciplinary) education, where students from more than one health professions program are learning in the same classroom with the purpose to learn content (anatomy is a common example) but not to learn, with, from or about each other.
Please complete one posting for each activity. All activities will be reviewed before getting posted on the website. If there are any questions you will be contacted by the moderator of the site.
Please use the form to post information about interprofessional education learning experiences that you are currently providing to UIC Students.
Thank you for your contribution.
- Human ‘chimeric’ cells restore crucial protein in Duchenne muscular dystrophy March 16, 2018
- UI Health renews contract with Chicago Lighthouse for call center employees March 16, 2018
- Med school celebrates family of graduates, donors March 13, 2018
- Study debunks fears of increased teen suicide risk from popular flu drug March 13, 2018
- Med students meet their match on national Match Day March 12, 2018
UIC Related links