The vice chancellor for health affairs is responsible for working with clinical and academic staff to develop a comprehensive health care strategy for the university. The vice chancellor supports novel collaborations and programs that advance the education, clinical care, research and community service mission for the clinical system and health science colleges.
The vice chancellor for health affairs provides coordinated leadership, strategic oversight and day-to-day operations management for the healthcare delivery system, including the University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System, the hospital’s Outpatient Care Center, Mile Square Health Centers and other off-site clinics. Through the integration of the university’s health care facilities and the clinical programs of the seven health sciences colleges, the vice chancellor for health affairs focuses on delivering the medical discoveries, clinical training, and personalized patient care that will improve the health of those who need it most.
The vice chancellor for health affairs:
- Oversees improvements in clinical care throughout the UI Health system
- Ensures high-quality, cost-effective healthcare for the people of the state of Illinois
- Leverages the resources and expertise at UI Health and UIC’s seven health sciences colleges to reduce health disparities in Chicago and the state of Illinois
- Promotes interdisciplinary collaborations among academic programs and clinical services to enhance integrated health service delivery
- Develops partnerships with key community leaders to improve the quality of life and improve access to care for communities served by UI Health
- Ensures high-quality health care education and biomedical sciences education to students in undergraduate, graduate and professional programs.
- Supports the growth of multidisciplinary health science and health care research by integrating health sciences colleges across UIC campus and by improving existing research centers and institutes.
- Human ‘chimeric’ cells restore crucial protein in Duchenne muscular dystrophy March 16, 2018
- UI Health renews contract with Chicago Lighthouse for call center employees March 16, 2018
- Med school celebrates family of graduates, donors March 13, 2018
- Study debunks fears of increased teen suicide risk from popular flu drug March 13, 2018
- Med students meet their match on national Match Day March 12, 2018
UIC Related links